Thursday, August 13, 2009

How About Some Scrapbook Pages?

Okay, I'm going to have to interrupt the preplanned post for a moment to comment on something strange. My dog barely EVER barks, but he was outside just now barking away. So, I went to check on him. I step out the back door just in time to see two men in police uniforms load a German Shepard into the back of a van saying "Good dog, good boy". I'm thinking, holy crap? I stood there for a moment watching them, trying to figure out what they had just been doing? Sniffing for drugs in our back alley? Doing some training work in town? What the heck? Then one of the men look up at me and I remember that it is quite late in the morning and I'm still in my pajamas... so, I kind of back into the house sheepishly. But I am SO curious now! We live in a new neighborhood; if I had seen that in the last area we lived in here in Red Deer, I wouldn't have thought it strange at all.


So, seeing as this is supposed to be my scrapbook blog, I should probably post something scrappy one of these days, eh? Well, I went to a friend's house the other day for a day of scrapbooking with friends... but, I had my widdle baby with me, so I knew I wouldn't get much done. I got three pages done, which is three pages more than I had done before... but I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get more than that done - especially considering none of those three pages were very complicated. I was hoping to get a bunch of pages done and all my Thank You cards for Alysha's gifts done as well.. or at least started. BAH!

If you click on the images you can see them in much detail as they are huge, lol. Yes, I was too lazy to open up Adobe Photoshop to crop and resize them, sorry. A lot of the layouts that I see online and in magazines that I really love and would like to "scraplift" are usually only for one photo, or two or three max. I am a crazy photographing lady. I can take 300 photos on a weekend and love each of them. I have trouble only choosing one or two or three photos to develop for each page, so, I always have a million developed photos to try to fit on a scrapbook page. Can you imagine how THICK my scrapbooks would be if I only did one photo a scrapbook page? eek! That's one of the reasons I've decided to do half of my scrapbook digitally on Heritage Makers this year... another reason is that it is faster and has less clean up time so I can actually keep up with my scrapbooking even with a toddler and newborn... and yet another reason is because I'm a Heritage Makers Consultant and can't get enough of that crazy website, lol!!!

No comments: