Friday, October 30, 2009

Oh, Those Bunting, Garland, Flag Things!


adelaide's room
Originally uploaded by lovelydesign
So whimsical and fun! All the best children's nurseries, bedrooms, and playrooms have them. I've spent a lot of time looking through different home decor websites... mostly at children's decor... and have decided that along with my Fairy Door, I also want to have these hanging in my children's rooms. They seem easy enough to sew. I think I shall get started on the collecting material for them... maybe by the time we have our own home to decorate, I'll have enough material to make my own.

I think I might piece them together into the triangular shapes, though. Then I can use smaller scraps to make them, and they'll look even more.. um... shabby chic? I don't know. What home decor style term would you say these look like? Well, anyway, it'll be fab... hopefully.

Hmm... so, what colour scheme should I start trying to collect in? I'm thinking pinks would be safest, right? Because you can't go wrong with pink in a baby girl's room. But them I'm thinking... what if I plan on being a little more artsy and a little less cliche with my children's rooms? Like blue and orange look so neat together in some of these alternative lifestyle type children's rooms that I've seen posted on the web. And even the blue and red look so pretty and whimsical in that example photo. But, c'mon, it always comes back to the pink with me.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Whatever you do always looks fab, i can't wait to see the outcome. I'm with you on the pink thing.. different shades/textures of pink. Good luck!

Mrs. Dude said...

thank you!!! yes, pink is the new black, haven't you heard? ;)