Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009 In Review

Well, here we are in 2010!

Bringing in 2000 was exciting, but bringing in 2010 kind of seals the deal for me. North American history always had us looking back on the 1900s as kind of ... I don't know how to explain it, really... it just really feels like we're in a new century, now that we're starting a new round of 10's, 20's, 30's...etc.

Thinking of it that way is kind of exciting and kind of scary. Normally, a new year just means trying to remember to put a different number in the date when writing it on cheques and things. This year feels different... like the world is going to do a lot of changing this year... I get this feeling like this is the beginning of something big. I don't know if I'm feeling a sense of foreboding or just general excitement for this new decade, but something's up. I said to my husband; "Wooo 2010, history to be made!" and he raised an eyebrow and said, "history is made every day"... lol, I guess my interest in this decade is lost on him. In any case, I wonder what's gonna happen next!


But, at the beginning of a new year, we like to look back at the year that just finished. 2009 was a year of growth and change for us, definitely.. I guess every year is... change happens all the time... all you can really count on being consistant in our world is change. And as ayoung family, I guess every year is a year of growth and change. But, I'm still gonna say it... 2009 was a year of change and growth... and a bit about finding out what I, as a Mommy, am made of.

I learned how to cope with pregnancy and a toddler, I was baptized, I got a second try at the whole labour thing (just what I wanted -sarcasm- hah), our family gained another member, I got a second try at having a newborn and did much better this time around, I learned how to cope with no sleep, a baby, and a toddler, and I learned some other things about myself that aren't gonna get posted on the open internets... things that are making for a rocky beginning to 2010.



Anyway... on to scrapbooking...

Despite the labor intensity of it, I've decided on posting pictures of my 2009 scrapbook as kind of a little Year in Review scrapbook walk through. Don't know if anyone'll really care to see it, but, this is my plan. Although, a good chunk of my 2009 scrapbooking is not complete, I do have up until July finished, and a few random pages done throughout the months following.











I'm wondering what I'm going to do for 2010 in the way of scrapbooking. I really want to be able to fit a whole year into one scrapbook but I never can seem to do that. 2009 is in two scrapbooks, both the books are both overfull, I really should put them into three scrapbooks. They take up so much room on the shelf and kind of look messy.

Maybe I should only get those big, expensive ring binder scrapbooks like the one I received from work as a Christmas gift last year. It doesn't look as messy on the shelf and it seems to fit more. But it is so big and bulky, hmmm... maybe I should do a 12x12 hardcover yearbook through Heritage Makers instead... especially sicne it'll be much faster than scrapbooking and I've been gradually getting further and further behind on my scrapbooking now that I have two kids. And we have lots of big plans this summer and there's no chance I'll be taking less photos this year what with Kerstin coming to visit for summer, and Alysha going to be hitting more awesome milestones, and our plans of camping. Oh man, I am so excited for summer... I wish winter would move on, already.

Yes, perhaps I will just do my entire year's worth of scrapbooking on Heritage Makers this year. I will still get to do the fun traditional scrapbooking as I have lots to catch up on from 2008 and 2009... digital scrapbooking is fabulous, but nothing can replace getting your hands sticky and papercut and your fingertips sore from trying to open up sharp brads! LOL, but seriously, I really Love traditional scrapbooking and could never leave it altogether.

Still, the neat and tidy minimalist locking inside really loves the idea of a shelf of uniform, hardcover, family yearbooks for every year... instead of my bulky, buldging, overfilled scrapbooks that take up so much room. I scaresly ever listening to my inner minimalist, though... she'll probably commit suicide, or at least become institutionalized, before my kids grow up and leave home anyway, haha.



















Stay tuned for part 2...

No comments: