Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sugar Butterflies & Flowers


I purchased some sugar flowers from HeyYoYo on Etsy the end of January and they arrived today! They were so beautifully wrapped, it was like receiving a beautiful gift! Pretty striped tissue paper and green tissue paper wrapped around a beautiful natural coloured box that was tied with a pretty red ribbon. The flowers were in little ziploac baggies inside (grouped by colour) and placed between layers of soft foam stuffs. So wonderful! And the flowers themselves are so cute! I can't wait to use them... will June ever come??


I also purchased pretty sugar butterflies from someone on eBay and they arrived today as well! The butterflies are much nicer in person than their photos showed which was a happy surprise. The seller put a few extra butterflies in than I had purchased - so nice! They weren't as beautifully packaged, but they were well packaged and came fully intact!! I was worried about them in the mail.


Here is a picture of Alysha's birthday outfit for her Butterfly themed birthday party. I know, I know, I know, it is early for all this... birthday theme, sugar butterflies and flowers, birthday outfits... my goodness, I'm nuts! But, I'm excited! And with the snow outside, I'd much rather dream of pretty butterfly themed summer birthday parties right now. The tutu and wings were something my mom picked up for Alysha in Mexico.. I saw the shirt at Old Navy last weekend and thought it might look cute with the tutu and wings - and it was on sale for 30% off, so, I thought I'd grab it. Hopefully it'll all fit her for her birthday, but I'm not too worried since the wings will fit her by her birthday regardless. I'd like to make her some cute antennae to go with it.

YAY for Butterflies and Girly Things!!!

1 comment:

Molossus said...

Nothing wrong with getting involved with Spring--it keeps you from worrying so much about Winter! Pretty pretties you have.