Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My first Children's Book!!!

I had the b/w version of it completed over a month ago. Look at the photo of my sweet son holding the very first copy. He was so excited when it arrived that day.

He and I came up with the story together when he was two. He would make me tell it to him every night because he loved it so much. I painted the cover picture to frame and hang in his room well over a year ago - little did I know at the time that the painting would end up being the cover of an actual published book!!

I finally finished painting all the inside illustrations for the full-colour version of the book this last weekend. The book is now ready to purchase on lulu.com for $9.75 US. I really hope you'll purchase a copy!



Below is a photo of the paintings for the illustrations for the book! I am really wishing. now, that I had taken into account regular frame sizes when I cut the paper for the paintings. I'd like to frame them all to display at the book launch here in May... but don't want to spend a million bucks on custom frames/matting. Bleh. I'll figure something out.


BUY IT HERE

2 comments:

Jules said...

Wow, Sara... I'm totally impressed with all of your publications and artwork. We really do need to get together sometime soon and discuss my children's book series. I have no idea how to go about anything past writing the things!!!

Mrs. Dude said...

LETS DO IT!! We shall set a date! (340-2128)