Sunday, September 26, 2010

My First DT Challenge!


As you may or may not know, I have recently joined the brand-spanking-new design team for Scrapbooker's Paradise's blog! Of course, our first challenge would be card-making. I am not normally a card-maker. I don't know why it makes such a difference for me, but for some reason, my level of scrapbooking does not translate easily over to card-making.

We got to use these SUPER-CUTE new Christmas stamps by Penny Black for our first DT Challenge project and had to each make a card. So, I stamped the image and coloured it up with my watercolour pencil crayons... that was the easy part... then, I spent probably two hours staring at my stash of papers and embellishments, hoping for a eureka moment.




So, there it is!
I'll let you be the judge as to whether or not I found my "eureka" with this card. I will say that I am quite happy with how it turned out, given the journey I took to make it. I just absolutely love that stamped image, soooo cute... my crazy love for owls may have to extend into the hedgehog zone now, too! And as you can see, my love for my chosen colourschool for my daughter's room has been extended into my card-making... gotta love that turquoise-blue and pink!


You know, the funny thing is, after struggling for who-knows-how-long with this card, I am absolutely so excited to start another one. I think I may be hooked on stamping & card-making. Oh dear!! As if I need any more "addictions" ;)








Don't forget to check out the blog of Scrapbooker's Paradise to see the other results from this Three-Way Design Team Challenge! It is so fun to see such different results on the same subject!! I love it and am so excited to get started on the next project!!

4 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Absolutely darling Sara! Love your colour combo...they suit me to a T too! Fabulous debut!!

Mrs. Dude said...

thank you Laura, I appreciate that!

Jules said...

It's a really sweet card!

And.. I love your new profile photo!

Mrs. Dude said...

thanks Julie! :D