Friday, October 15, 2010

Design Team SKETCH Challenge!


Hello everyone!

So, this month's Design Team Challenge for Scrapbooker's Paradise comes in SKETCH form! We were given this sketch for either a card or a scrapbook page and we each made our own project using that sketch.




4.25 x 5.5 card



12x12 scrapbook page

Now, this is a challenge that is not just for the store's design team.. we're extending this challenge to you! Yes, this is the very first 'Playing in Paradise' Sketch Challenge!

You have until midnight, October 31st to play! We will be picking a Paradise Player and we will feature their project in early November. Just use that sketch to make a card and/or a scrapbook page! The project sketches are above, you can click on the images to see them at full size. Below is some info about what I did to make my card.


----------------------------------------------------------------



MATERIALS USED


Sandylion "Owl" Stickers
"Fancy Free" paper by Sassafras from the Mix and Mend line
"Chocolate" Prima Pearls and Crystals
"UMBER" VersaColor Ink Pad
"Anytime Messages" Hero Arts Clear Stamp Set
Fiskars Punch & Squeeze Circle 1"
Yelow Prima Paper Flowers
Various colours of 8.5x11 Cardstock
EZ-Runner & Glue Dots


----------------------------------------------------------------

For this sketch challenge, I wanted to do an autumn-themed card! I ended up using some of my leftover Sassafras paper from my Thanksgiving page. I just love that paper so much! If you check out the Sassafras blog, they even have an interview with the artist who made them and some photos of her process.

Anyhow, I started with some leftover patterned paper and then chose my cardstock colours to coordinate with the shades of autumn gold that the Sassafras paper introduced to the card. I also grabbed some blue to compliment the golds and give the card a little extra punch. I used some older Prima flowers from my stash -- but made them look new by adding new centers to them from the beautiful new Chocolate Prima Pearls & Crystals set. Of course, the card wasn't complete until I added a handsome owl to the mix. I love Sandylion's scrapbooking stickers!

Hope you like it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Don't forget to check out the store's blog to see what the other Design Team members have come up with and to see more photos of my card!!

If you want to enter
this 'Playing in Paradise' Sketch Challenge, you'll need to head over to the blog for more details on how to submit your work! Hope you do!!

http://scrapbookersparadise.blogspot.com

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Stampin Kimber said...

Soooo cute.......love the owl!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Fabulous fall colours!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

Love your card...great fall colours!