Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mommy Overhaul!


I need a Mommy Overhaul... stuff is getting out of control over here! I've taken on too many responsibilities outside of my Mom-hood and I have two children who need more attention and a house that needs SERIOUS cleaning and organizing. My current home lifestyle needs to change. I need to get back to a real routine....




So, routine-creating basics...

Every morning when I get up, I will first get the children dressed, then make some breakfast and actually sit down at the table with the children and eat breakfast with them. While they finish their food, I will empty the dishwasher and fill it and do some minor cleaning in the kitchen & dining room. Only after the children have finished breakfast and have been cleaned up and their dishes tended to, can I even THINK about sitting down at the computer.

The garbage truck comes on Friday mornings, so on Thursdays I will make sure gather all garbage and take it out back. Whilst doing that, I think I shall also clean the bathrooms on Thursdays... and wander the entire house looking for random bits of garbage.

Lunch during the week in my home will be served no later than 1 pm... no matter if I'm on a roll with whatever I am doing!

Bedtime for Jayden will be no later than 8:30 during the week. He must be finished his nighttime snack and begin to pick up toys by 8:00. He should be getting into his pajamas and have his teeth brushed so that by 8:30 he can been getting into bed. He will always get at least one bedtime story from one of his parents or grandparents. Lights out in his room by 9:00.

Because I work on Fridays and Saturdays, Wednesday or Thursday should be laundry day EVERY WEEK... no more of this waiting until no one has ANYTHING to wear before I do laundry and no more of this FIVE loads of laundry needing to be folded at any given moment! Every week on either Wednesday or Thursday (to be decided in practice) the laundry will be done!! This way I am guarenteed work clothes for Friday and Saturday and the laundry will not get crazy-out-of-control.

Tuesdays are bible study for me, so, on Tuesdays I need to decide what the children and husband are having for supper and have it ready for them or easily prepared by them when hubby gets home from work.






Getting into the SWING of it...

The house needs some SERIOUS cleaning NOW... it is getting absolutely overwhelming for me and I need to get on top of it! So, over the next two weeks I will make sure to do some serious cleaning/organizing/tasking every day.

Until I am caught up on the house work and in a good routine, I will NOT take on any new trades or swaps at either Mail Art forum I am a member of... I NEED TO GET MY PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!!!!

Speaking of Prioritizing... I have a commission for a CD Album to do, I have two books on the go, I have a third book that needs a hard-cover version made available in January, and I have two iATCs swaps with due dates coming up fast... these take priority over other mail art swaps & personal mail-art trades.

I need to GET AHEAD of the laundry piles

I need to ORGANIZE Jayden's arts & crafts supplies so that Alysha will stop getting into it and causing trouble.

I need to organize the kid's toys and box up about half of them since we'll be moving in later months and they really don't need ALL the toys scattered around this house at any given moment.

I need to clean out the PANTRY and organize it. I need to clean out the fridge and REALLY wash it. Then I can be ready for some serious CHRISTMAS baking... woot! And maybe when I go grocery shopping I'll actually know what I have at home.

I need to actually spend some one-on-one time with each of my kids every day... I know that sounds OBVIOUS, but somehow a whole day can go by and suddenly I'll realize that I have ignored my children for most of it. BAD MOMMY!!




Once I get caught up on everything it'll be easier to have a routine and stick to it and maybe I won't feel like I'm drowning every day!! I have a lot of my plate and it feels even worse when I am completely disorganized and running on Emergency Mode the entire time... whew... there, I'm finally going to take action!





SOMETHING TO ASPIRE TO.....


Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?
She is more precious than rubies.
Her husband can trust her,
and she will greatly enrich his life.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

She finds wool and flax
and busily spins it.
She is like a merchant’s ship,
bringing her food from afar.
She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household
and plan the day’s work for her servant girls.

She goes to inspect a field and buys it;
with her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She is energetic and strong,
a hard worker.
She makes sure her dealings are profitable;
her lamp burns late into the night.

Her hands are busy spinning thread,
her fingers twisting fiber.
She extends a helping hand to the poor
and opens her arms to the needy.
She has no fear of winter for her household,
for everyone has warm clothes.

She makes her own bedspreads.
She dresses in fine linen and purple gowns.
Her husband is well known at the city gates,
where he sits with the other civic leaders.
She makes belted linen garments
and sashes to sell to the merchants.

She is clothed with strength and dignity,
and she laughs without fear of the future.
When she speaks, her words are wise,
and she gives instructions with kindness.
She carefully watches everything in her household
and suffers nothing from laziness.

Her children stand and bless her.
Her husband praises her:
“There are many virtuous and capable women in the world,
but you surpass them all!”

Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;
but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
Reward her for all she has done.
Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.

Proverbs 31 : 10-31

No comments: