Monday, November 29, 2010

My First Fish


When I first saw the new lines by Basic Grey come into the store, I knew I had to make something with them! I absolutely love Basic Grey, they always come out with such great lines! Perhaps I should hate Basic Grey because they always come out with such great lines... lol, and then I end up buying a lot of it!

Anyway, this line is called Curio, and I am in love with it!! So, the first thing I did when it came into the store was buy a few sheets of my favorite papers from the line! Of course!



This is what I came up with...


I used two sheets of Basic Grey paper for this page. The big, beautiful flowers are Curio - Upholstery and the other is Curio - Needle Lace. The thing I'm finding I like the best about scrapbooking in 8.5 x 11 is that I get to really make use of beautiful doubled-sided papers like these.




I also used some Pebbles by Prima, some gold Stickles, some Pearls by KaiserCraft, and then various products from past lines by companies like Cosmo Cricket, Pink Paislee & Webster's Pages.

I took the photos of the page before I wrote in the journaling. This is one of my most favorite photos from my childhood, however, I really don't remember this day at all. I had to phone my mom to ask for some details so that I could write some journaling on this page. She really didn't remember much about the day! A good argument for my Journaling Rant. All she could remember was that our family had gone for a Sunday drive. We went fishing and this was my very first fish. She reasoned that I must have been three-almost-four years old.

Anyhow, that's my first project with the lovely new Curio line by Basic Grey! I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

What a little cutie you are! Fabulous page Sara, love how you used all the floral designs from the papers as embellies!!