Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pretty Princes Room...



ALMOST THERE!

Well, Alysha's room has been painted, the trim has been painted, and last night I finished the birch motif on her walls! Today the trim went back up on the wall and now we're ready to start moving the little princess into her magical Birch Forest!

I still have a few more projects to do for her room, but it is really exciting to see it come together!!!! The pretty quilt I've been collecting coordinating blues, whites and pinks for is still just a pile of fabrics.... and I still have a million little princess throw-pillows to make for her room.


I have a little white coat-rack/shelf thingy that you hang on the wall to display all her pretty things, but it needs to be repainted as it has a lot of scuffs and things. Right now, the carpet in her room is hideous, worn, and stained.. and her door and closet door need to be replaced - which will probably happen when we replace ALL the doors in the house. We will replace the ugly brown doors with white when we do.



I wanted to the paint the inside of her closet pink and do some pink birds flying on her walls... right now her closet is FULL of my junk that I haven't found a space for yet, heh. I need to go out and buy her some curtains and probably some other random stuff as I put her room together and see what is missing... but mostly, it is just time to unpack boxes and arrange her room!



ANYWAY... beeehold, Alysha's Blue Birch Forest Room (so far)!!! Yay!



So stay tuned for future updates, as Alysha's room gets pieced together... but, just so you know, there's one thing you won't see in her magical princess room...

...at least not in her decor or furniture! She'll probably have a toy or book (or a few) before she grows up -- sad story, haha!!

8 comments:

kerstin said...

AWESOME!!! Love it! I want my walls painted like this/that, too!

kerstin said...

AWESOME!!!

Sara said...

buy me a plane ticket and I will come paint your walls for you... <3 <3

NickelNook said...

Oh YAY!! Sara, those trees are GORGEOUS!! There seems to be a tree theme on your blog lately! lol I really do love trees, and these painted ones are fabulous! Alysha's room is looking great!
So funny about no Disney princesses! lol...Nancy :o)

Jules said...

It's coming along so nicely!!

kerstin said...

Okay Sara, I'll pay for the ticket. When can you come?

Sara said...

Well, she really likes turtles... ahha, I don't know!! I don't even know what we're gonna get her!! Maybe her room can be her bday present from us, lol

Simply Scrumptious said...

Beautiful! Once I have shook out all my roommates you need to come for a week and we have to tackle the loft!