Saturday, June 11, 2011

BASE(ment) CAMP

Click the image for larger view

I have to say, Helen Dardik is an artist hero of mine... and I LOVE that she illustrates for Creative Imaginations. I love her fabulously whimsical & kitschy style! Everything she does is fun, fantastic, and inspiring to me as an artist. I love that I get to scrapbook with her art!

As you can imagine, I was absolutely thrilled this earlier this year when Scrapbooker's Paradise brought in a line from Creative Imaginations by Helen Dardik called "Forest Critters".



For my scrapbook page, I used "Wild Berry" as the base, cut out a birch tree from "Forest Fun", and backed my main photo with "Happy Together". The green strip is from "Forest Fun" as well - the papers are two-sided. I also used some Epoxy Stickers from the line.


I should take this moment to talk about how thrilled I was with those epoxy stickers! Wow, maybe I don't buy stickers enough or Creative Imaginations is just awesome... but those stickers so so so outranked any epoxy sticker I've ever used in the past. You can tell they were good quality as you peel them off their paper. I know it sounds silly, but it really did stand out to me when I used those stickers.


Click the image for larger view


Oh, and for those curious about the fuzzy photo... my husband felt he'd rather not be shown shirtless on the internet, so, I fuzzied him out of the photos of the scrapbook page in photoshop. Yup, so, that's my husband, censored.

1 comment:

NickelNook said...

What a great page Sara! I love everything about it! My girls had basement camp too...so fun! :o)