Wednesday, August 24, 2011

In Honor of Alpha Stickers...

Hi everyone! Can you believe summer is almost over?

Wow, here it comes... excitement for fall, kids going back to school, new seasons of our favorite tv shows, and dare I even say looking ahead to Christmas?

Anyhow, this scrapbook page is about none of those, but it definitely is about excitement and anticipation.

Here's an 8.5x11 page showcasing baby #3 who is due in March. We're very excited and a tiny bit freaked out, haha. We had hoped to finish our basement before having any more additions to the family, right now we're kind of smushed into our main floor of our house.

Anyhow, for this little page, I used the Baby papers by Memory Works and some paper by BoBunny. I was trying to go for a interesting mix between a graphic look with the text and a shabby chic, antiqued look. I thought it would be a neat juxtaposition. I'm not sure if the attempt was successful or not. I'll let you be the one to judge.

I quoted my son's reaction for the journaling/title of the page. When I told my son, the oldest of my kids, that I was having another baby, he said "I hope it is a boy!" and I asked him why and he dramatically exclaimed "Because one sister is enough trouble!!!"

I thought it was hilarious and would be great for a scrapbook page about the coming baby. I know Jayden will fall in love with his new sibling just as quickly as he did Alysha, boy or girl, but his statement was really cute... and I think I feel the same way, haha.



click to view larger

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Sara,

Your lo is the perfect combination of cute and elegant! Hugs

NickelNook said...

Sara! Your page is a perfect graphic chic-tiqued page! It's fabulous...and definitely a quote worthy of a layout! lol
Big congratulations to you on baby #3! Hope your feeling well and the allergy trouble is doing better!...Nancy :o)

Jules said...

LOL!! Jayden's hilarious! This page is awesome!