Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Top Five Tool Picks!

My TOP FIVE Tool Picks

These are some of the scrapbooking tools and items that I use for pretty much every one of my projects... they are definitely staples in my scrapbook supply collection.



1) My Paper Trimmer

I have a simple Fiskars Paper Trimmer which serves me very well. There isn't a single scrapbooking tool in existence that I use more. I'm pretty sure that any scrapbooker you meet will say the same of their own personal paper trimmer. There are lots of different types and brands of paper trimmers out there - I guess it is up to you to figure out which one suits you the best.


2) My Sanding Block

Sandpaper and/or a Sanding Block are items that I use with many of my scrapbooking projects. I love to use it on the paper for more textured and distressed edges. It is also great for use with Core'dinations cardstock that have different coloured insides. I even use my sanding block to distress the edges of my photographs!




3) Distress Ink

I only just got into using Distress Ink this last year, but I am hooked! The ink is amazing, the colours are amazing, and there's so much fun stuff you can do with them! I mostly just use them for "distressing" the edges of my papers, but there are so many other experimental ways to use them!





4) Spray Bottle

This goes hand-in-hand with my Distress Inks, because I love how Distress Inks react with water. So, after inking my papers, I often will spritz some water over the ink and watch it change. I also love these spray bottles for mixing inks, glimmer mists and other fun things in to make my own colours and concoctions



5) Embroidery Floss & Needles

I love putting hand stitching into my special scrapbook projects! It adds a special touch to a project, as well as additional texture. Going through layers of paper, though, I find the regular needles from the craft or sewing stores just don't hold up... good thing we sell needles made specifically for us scrapbookers! We also sell an assortment of colours of embroidery floss to match any project!

1 comment:

NickelNook said...

It must be hard to narrow it down to a list of five! lol You do great things with these though! Thanks for this list...it makes me think! :o)