Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Gift



Hello everyone!

I can't believe it is almost December. Time sure has flown!! Today is another Showcase Monday and, as you've gathered, we've been working on Christmas gifts for our Showcase Mondays for the month of November.

For my project, I altered a stacking wooden box. I added papers by Simple Stories from their 25 Days of Christmas line. I inked the edges of the papers with my Ranger Distress Ink stamp pads in coordinating colours. I used acrylic craft paint to paint the lids -It took a lot of mixing of colours to get the shades of red, green and yellow that I wanted, but it was fun. I adorned the box with American Crafts ribbon and embellishments by Prima and Petaloo. I think it'll be a fun, decorative box to display during the Christmas season. I plan on lining the inside with wax paper and filling each layer with Christmas candies.

I hope you liked my project and that it perhaps gave you some inspiration for your own Christmas crafts!


Products Used
Prima Flowers - Holiday Red

Prima Flowers - Splendor Moss
Petaloo - Berry Spray -no longer available, but other similar products exist, check out our online catalogue
American Crafts - Ribbon - Caramel
Ranger Distress Ink - Peeled Paint
Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo



1 comment:

David Haas said...

Hi,
I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
David