Thursday, January 3, 2013

Inherited Fabrics


These hand pieced stars (what is this pattern's name?) came with a whooooole bag of vintage fabrics that I recently inherited from my grandmother who has decided she is too old to sew. Some of the fabrics and blocks and things were inherited by her from her aunts and mother and people. So, really, some of these probably belong in a museum, they are so old. 

I love these stars (seriously, what is this pattern's name?) and there are quite a number of them in all sorts of different colours and patterns. I want to incorporate them into a quilt for my bed. I just love them. I love the history in them, love the stories behind them, love the vintage look of the fabrics. I'm not sure what I should make them into, though. Any suggestions?




1 comment:

NickelNook said...

How fun! I'm not sure what the official name is but they're wonderful! Vintage fabrics are great! How many of the stars do you have? You could applique them onto a whole cloth quilt. Pick a fabric colour that would really make them pop! They're a treasure for sure!...Nancy :o)