Monday, January 21, 2013

Jayden's Transformers Quilt



 Hey everyone! I've been juggling way too many things lately, as per usual, but am still slowly trucking away at this quilt. I'm working on the second 12x12 block for it that with feature the autobot symbol. It looks like it will be a lot more finicky than the decepticon one. It was probably good that I did the easier one first... now that I have a vague idea of what I am doing, this might be feasible, lol.

In any case, I haven't done any more sewing for the quilt just yet, but I've been working on planning it out. I've made the pattern for the autobot square and have cut it out so that I can start piecing it together. I've also drawn out my plans for the rest of the quilt. I have collected sooooo much orange, red, blue & white fabrics for Jayden's quilt over the past few years. I was going to make a simple square patch quilt with them all for him, but I have taken tooooo long to get started and now that I'm going through the different fabrics, I'm seeing that a lot of them might look a little too juvenile for him at his current age. YEEESH, time really flies!! So, I'm thinking I will just use small strips of everything and turn them into a border. I'm hoping it'll look a little more grown up, a little more modern, and really fun. Something that he can enjoy for a long time.

What do you think?









2 comments:

Esther said...

My brother (35 LOL) asked me to make him a transformers pillow! It is not just the little boys, right!

I would love to see how you tackle this piecing. Do you do it all by hand?

ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Sara said...

Hey Esther! Thanks for stopping by!! Yes, I'm doing the transformers blocks by hand, but once the 12 inch squares are done, I'll sew the rest of the quilt with machine. I've been working on making a more 'modern' looking pattern for a quilt for my husband (lol, men) that looks like an AutoBot face. Once I have the pattern for the quilt completely finished, I'll post it... perhaps you'll want to use it for your big-kid brother ;)