Thursday, February 7, 2013

John Deere Quilt



Hurray! I finished it! ...and in time, too! 
This is a quilt for my nephew for his third birthday in March. 

I thought it would be nice to do a really simplistic pattern of 12x12 inch squares. It makes me think of a bed in a farmhouse. I added two strips of green on either side to make it wider and then did kind of a funny piecing of fabrics for the underside since the fabric I wanted to use wasn't wide enough. I think it makes it a little bit more interesting anyway.











So, here's both sides of the finished product. Sorry for the lame way of showing it.....


 



2 comments:

NickelNook said...

Yay for finishing your great quilt! It looks wonderful and he's going to love it! I really like to see pieced backings! Yes, much more interesting!...Nancy :o)

Jules said...

Cute quilt! Great job!