Friday, March 1, 2013

Birthday Bunting - FREEBIE!



 I can't believe Ryker is going to be a year old tomorrow!!! My sweet little baby boy, it seems like we JUST got you, but at the same time, I can't remember what life was like before you. 

So, we're throwing him a birthday party and I've elected to have it be a gentlemanly bowtie and mustache sort of deal. That's right, I'm hip, I'm with it... I can celebrate with a Mustache Bash. Heh heh.

There are some absolutely beautiful and adorable mustache themed birthday bunting banners you can buy on etsy. Really really lovely things. I decided to just do this frugally, though, and print my own. So, I made this in photoshop and printed it off on ivory cardstock. Then, with a paper trimmer, I cut them out and hole punched them so I could thread ribbon through them. I inked the edges with a black ink pad to make it feel a little more finished. I was thinking about making little bowties out of the ribbon and attaching them at the top of each punnet, but ultimately decided it was more trouble than it was worth.

My daughter decided she was going to be my photographer for this post, so she took some pictures of me making the banner. Heh, heh, heh. 






And here they are hanging above our piano in our dining room. Don't they look adorable? If you want to throw a mustache themed party, you should check out etsy, ebay, homesense and birthdayexpress... they all have really fun mustache things! Mustache picks, straws, balloons, pinatas, banners, cookie cutters and more!!!


AND NOW... for the FREEBIE!!

You can download, edit and print this banner and these invitations for your own mustache party!! I made them in photoshop and am offering them to you here for free... please don't redistribute or sell them. If you know someone who might want to use them, just send them here!

Thanks!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

NickelNook said...

That's wonderful! What a fun party that will be! Thanks so much for sharing the banner and invites!...Nancy :o)